Thursday, January 24, 2008

Down with the Sickness

Aak. It would seem that my hours of walking about in the forty-degree cold wearing a Legend of Zelda tee-shirt and pajama bottoms has taken a ghastly toll, and I have been infected with some bizarre Swiss contagion. Scrofula, perhaps, or maybe Dropsy or The Grippe or the dreaded "Phthisis Pulmonales." (Seriously, the names for 19th-century diseases were awesome.)

However, I am resolved, with a will like unto a thing of iron, that this present malaise will not prevent me from this weekend's upcoming "Dungeons and Dragons Diceapalooza 2008: Dungeonocalypse Crawlmageddon!"

Yes, it is ON. My geekdom knows no bounds, and I've managed to find a fine bunch of fellow misanthropes who would like nothing better than to spend their Friday nights pretending to be magical warriors.

Roll initiative, fools!

*cough cough*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick, but for the record, 'suicide by loderium' would be an awesome name for a metal band. Or maybe 'pulmonary consumption.'

I bet it would sound even cooler in Italian..ha ha