Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Current Mood:


Sorry for the lack of updates, but I haven't really done anything interesting lately. Today I got back from yet another journey to the Museum at the End of the Universe, and got to see some more interesting behind-the-scenes stuff. You probably already know this from Scooby-Doo or whatever, but museums tend to have tons and tons of stuff sitting around in the basement that's not on display. It's too bad, because there's lots of cool stuff lying around in the Museo della Culture, such as not one but TWO different kinds of canoes, and a bunch of kick-ass Congolese swords.

Still, it's pretty annoying that we keep having class at the museum, which is definitely not what the course description suggested. I was thinking we'd go there, at most, once every other week, but between last Wednesday, this Wednesday, and next Wednesday, it's going on three weeks in a row. Oh well, at least I'm learning to navigate Lugano. But my Wednesdays are really long, slogging days for me, and there are almost no opportunities to get food on Wednesdays for me. Assuming I wake up at around 2 in the afternoon (I do), I go straight from Italian 100 to my Academic Travel Preparation Meeting, and from there to the five-hour free-time vortex of Anthropology of Art. I'm busy from 2 to around 9 at night, which isn't that bad for a once-a-week thing, but it still sucks. At least in public school they feed you. The problem is that by the time I'm done with class, no stores are open and I'm too tired to even bother going to a restaurant. Tonight, for instance, I dined chez moi on some delicious Migros Budget Crackers coated with Migros Budget Hazelnut Spread. And I will say that Nutella, even off-brand budget generic Nutella, is damn delicious.

So to sum up a long, exhaustion-induced rambling, actual content will resume soon. I plan on telling you guys about the wonder that is the Migros experience, because it is a story that must be told.

Okay, the REAL reason I haven't posted? I cannot stop listening to THIS:



Super Smash Brothers Brawl: March 9th!

No comments: