Friday, January 18, 2008

Unfocused Rambling: Snow!

Well, when it rains, it pours. Or rather, snows.


On the off chance that you have ever waded ankle-deep in beef stew, imagine it. Then imagine the beef stew was freezing cold, and instead of hearty chunks of beef and carrots there was naught but chunks of ice, and it was slowly killing you.

That was basically the situation here the other day. It actually started the day before, with a day-long thunderstorm. And then that thunderstorm turned into a blizzard as night fell and the temperature dropped. That blizzard continued into the next day's afternoon, when the temperature rose again, and it turned back to thunderstorm.

So yeah, someone up there likes us.

When I wasn't slogging through the unflavored Slushee that was the roads and sidewalks, I was partaking of a few rounds of good-natured downhill plastic lunch tray sledding. I wish I had gotten pictures, although in some ways I'm glad I didn't, because if I had that would mean I would have had to bring my camera, which would subsequently have gotten soaking wet.

I was, however, accosted by the stone-throwing devils of LDV residence (stands for Leonardo da Vinci, and it's where I live, which is something I probably should have already mentioned), who from their perch on the second-floor balcony rained icy death on random passersby.


None escape their imperious gaze!

Naturally, I deflected their attacks with kung-fu ninja skills, but soon I tired of the game and went into the door beneath them. They thought themselves the victors...


But then I was among them, like a tiger falling upon the helpless flock! Blood flowed like a silken carpet! Each in their turn fell to the mighty sword of the Cimmerian!

Oops, got myself mixed up with Conan for a bit there. Never mind.

So anyway, in the end it turned out fine, except for a car accident that caused one of my classes to be canceled. Only now I've made myself really hungry for beef stew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need you, TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE SNOW!